The most important questions you should ask and consider include:
- What is the goal or purpose of the study? Do researchers believe the approach will be effective?
- What are any short-term/long-term benefits or possible benefits?
- What are any short-term/long-term risks or possible risks?
- What kinds of therapies, drugs, or tests will I have during the trial, or will I receive a placebo?
- Is there any cost to me?
- Will I encounter any pain or discomfort from the trial?
- What are the safety protocols and procedures taking place?
- How are participants being monitored?
- Will I be able to continue taking my medications/treatments that are prescribed to me for my current condition?
- Will I have medical care? Who will oversee my care?
This post was written by ClinicalTrialAdmin