What are the possible risks of participating in a clinical trial?
- A new treatment may not be more beneficial than a current/standard treatment
- Depending on the trial, you may be given a placebo, meaning no treatment
- Uncomfortable and time-consuming testing may be involved
- Substantial travel and doctor visits during the trial may be necessary
- The new treatment may work well for some and not for others
- Health insurance may not cover the costs
This post was written by ClinicalTrialAdmin