Here we list 5 biotech stocks to watch in 2022.
Author: Rebecca Schlossberg
Here are 5 Biotech Stocks to watch in the coming months:
- Pfizer (PFE) – Pfizer is one of the biggest Pharma companies today with the strongest momentum going into the new year. Their vaccination against COVID-19 has brought in an enormous amount of revenue which has been estimated to reach over $100B in the next few months. Their share price has been up 20% in the past three months alone – an unprecedented number for such a large public company. Pfizer’s response to the pandemic has transformed their value in a big way and is definitely a stock to follow as the pandemic continues.
- Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY) – Bristol Myers Squibb owns three of the world’s best-selling drugs, Revlimid, Eliquis, and Opdivo. The sales of these three drugs combined were $28.2B, in 2020. The company is also acquisition hungry and has a pipeline that is one of the most exciting in the biotech space. This includes a drug for Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy called Mavacamtem which is waiting for FDA approval. The decision has been moved to April 2022. This decision will be monumental for the pharma company. Approval will certainly spark an increase in the share price, which will make buying this formerly stagnant stock worthwhile.
- Biogen (BIIB) – This biotech company will continue to dominate the headlines in the Alzheimer’s space this year as it continues its studies on Aduhelm, after recent FDA approval. The drug is outperforming any of the other competitors’ targets, including Eli Lilly’s Donanemab, and Roche’s Gantenerumab. The company also has other drugs in development for MS and depression that seem very promising. While Biogen still remains to be one of the most controversial biotech’s in the space, their CNS research and drug leads make them an extremely undervalued powerhouse to contend with.
- Anavex Life Sciences (AVXL) – Anavex is another big player in Alzheimer’s research with a drug candidate, Blarcamesine, in phase 3 trials in over 500 patients. This drug is a Sigma-1 receptor agonist which has proven to restore neurodegenerative processes. This drug is also indicated for Parkinson’s Disease and Rett Syndrome. As the data continues to pour in from the studies the stock is likely to go up with the potential of skyrocketing with a breakthrough.
- Compass Pathways (CMPS) – Compass Pathways is one of the only companies pioneering the use of psychedelic drugs to treat depressive disorders. They have developed the proprietary formulation of Psilocybin, a hallucinogenic compound found in mushrooms. COMPASS has been awarded an FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for COMP360, its synthetic, high-purity, polymorphic crystalline psilocybin formulation. They have recently completed a Phase 1 clinical trial in 89 healthy patients, in which the therapy was tested. The results indicated that the COMP360 was well tolerated and thus can move on to the next stage in its clinical trial. Due to these exciting findings the company has been doing very well and has recently achieved a market valuation of just under $1B.
Power your next Clinical Trial
Connect and see if your trial fits for our site package and promotion!